Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patrick's day in Santa Barbara

Hello everyone,
I hope everyone is just peachy keen today. I must tell you I'm more plummy today. So I have always thought St. Patrick's Day was a day that nothing really happens aside from you get to pinch people that do not wear green. (By the way I was the only person in my class yesterday that wore green but I couldn't pinch anyone because of sexual harassment). However it is much much more than that in Santa Barbara! Especially for tourists!
Yesterday bagpipers were tooting up and down State Street. I requested they play "I can get no satisfaction" but they didn't have that one memorized. Aside from that it was the farmer's market and everything was green! The venders had green face paint on, some of the vegetables were green (don't worry I didn't buy them because call me crazy but I don't eat any fresh produce that's green aside from broccoli, celery, and cucumbers, oh and lettuce). Now I didn't really have tons of time to appreciate this since I had accounting which makes me green.
So he let us out early because he's an Irish wannabe (don't ask). Actually I felt bad for him yesterday because a student said accounting is pointless but that's a blog for another day on how teacher's are underappreciated. Well, I had to go to flash a classmate yesterday in the studio (it's required in photo). By the time I got out of there it was 10 and another tradition of St. Paddy's day-drinking! I never saw so many swaying pedestrians or passed so many taxis in my life. And on the way home, I passed three, yes three sobriety checkpoints. Do not worry though-the coppers didn't check my drinking capability....probably because I didn't have any time for that tradition.
Well, I hope everyone St. Patrick's day was FUN! Next year if you want to come to a place that somewhat celebrates the tradition come on down to SB. Juicebox'll even paint his fur green. Although now I have to give him a bath in the sink which he hates because he hates being wet!

No comments: