Friday, March 20, 2009

Some very very random thoughts

Hi everyone,
So I'm in the middle of a spring cleaning (wow that actually works here) and I thought what better time to blog. Well I wish this could be a very happy upbeat blog but hey you've gotta be depressed sometime-I blame it on the cleaning. Well, anyway the main reason I am a little under the weather is that I've come to the conclusion that most people at Brooks are backstabbers and cannot work in a group worth a darn! But then again maybe that's everyone in the artistic field because I've heard of tons of selfish artists. I had this friend (this is a real person) who I made an agreement with that we would do all the homework together and today she said she didn't want to work with me (I'm not quite sure what that was all about) anymore. And in the middle of Lent!
And on top of this I saw three different incidents today of Santa Barbarians being very inconsiderate to workers, once at Starbucks, once at Ross, and then once at the Grocery Store (that gives you an indication of my morning)! So all in all today was a day that did not give me faith in humanity. I think it's just one of those days...or weeks where I just want to get out of Santa Barbara. On the bright side, I woke up this morning!
Hope everyone is doing better than I am. This weekend should be fun though-I just hope the sun goes out or else I'm going to be in deep trouble for my environmental portrait!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hey Essie! I'm sorry about people being barbarians in Santa Barbara- it totally sucks, huh. I am going to pray that you find peace and health (from that cleaning??) and that everything will be ok. People are idiots and they'll always be. They have their own agenda, and especially when it comes to depending on someone else, it usually never works out. Let me know if there's ever anything I can do for you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Esther... I may just have to come visit.. You have my favorites.. Starbucks and Ross !!!
Dont' let those crazy ones get you down.. your talents are endless and just beginning to bloom....

I am going to see Abby on April 29th for 10 days.. can't wait.. maybe when I get back I will come to Santa Barbara to visit !!!

Abby's mom