Friday, December 12, 2008

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone is have a decadent December. Yes, Christmas is in the air-the lights are streamed on the trees lining State Street. Carolers are around every nook and cranny. Tourists are doing Christmas shopping with Santa Barbara t-shirts and depression has finally set in. It seems that every person I've talked to (and these are real people) has been depressed. Which begs the question, what is it about the holiday season that makes people sad? Should we blame it on Hallmark? Or the fact that people have a certain annoyance of the color green? Maybe people just hate giving gifts and getting them. Or maybe it's that we don't look forward to yet another reason to see our family-who knows.
I have some good and bad news though. Juicebox is going away for a week with Trip to the Channel Islands. Trip is very outdoorsy so he is looking forward to some hiking. I will make sure Juicebox packs an inhaler! He asked me if there were any peach smoothies on the islands, I told him I don't think so. He's determined to find one. He said lemurs can make a pretty mean smoothie.
Let's see, what else? Does anybody have any good new years resolutions? I came up with two, let's see if they'll last longer than a week. One is to email people as soon as I get their emails instead of a month later. The second one is to be more organized with my photography. I've got tripods coming out of my eyeballs! (Not really, that would be odd) Well I should go now and work on homework, in other words more procrastination!
Hope everyone is having a great day! Have fun!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Don't be depressed, if you think you might be! I'll be seeing you soon-

Also, I have some resolutions, but I need some time to get them together. The nyquil has set in

JazzyAbby said...

I totally missed this blog! I don't know how i did but it was posted quite a few days ago and I never commented... Well as you know I always have the same new years goals... First is to loose weight and that never lasts and the second to get my homework done early... o but wait... i'm finished with school and I'm actually pretty good at keeping up with my work "homework"... So i guess I only have one goal this year... Good luck with the organizing thing.. I've been trying to enspire or harass you all these years but i guess that never did work... :) O well... I love you anyways...