Thursday, January 29, 2009

Creativity slump

Hi again,
I bet people did not expect to see another blog from me for i don't know another week or two-well booyah! I'm blogging again! In any case, I'm blogging because Juicebox and Trip are back together and so I can now get back to my solitude.
Classes are going relatively well. Relatively being the operative word. I have finally hit a creativity wall-where ideas are just going out the window-look there goes another one. We had a critique today and like everybody laughed at my images because they were so random. In any case, i figured out the cause...or should I say the excuse. You see-I think creativity is with your left brain (or is it your right-I always get sooo confused) and the right part is the technical part. This class and pretty much every class for the next couple sessions are technical so the right part's working wonderfully and the left part's thinking hey I can go on vacation-but alas no. I try to wake it up, but every time I get a creative idea it ends up being with writing which I think might actually be the right brain-but I have no idea. (LOL what a bad pun there). In any case, I talked to my teacher about it and he kept giving me all these ideas-take long showers, brainstorm... well I tried all of his ideas and still I'm here blogging. But maybe it's because I haven't been walking since the weather's so bad-I really don't know but I hope my left brain wakes up soon! Wake Up Brain! Wake Up! Hope everyone is doing well and blog ya later! If anyone has any ideas please leave a comment-I'd be forever grateful!

1 comment:

JazzyAbby said...

I always loved the bathroom shots...lol.. Don't take that the wrong way Esther! remember the flowers in the bathroom? or the clocolates?