Saturday, November 21, 2009

Juicebox's adventures and book publishing

Hi Everyone,
I have humungous news. It so big, it's the size of an elephant...or bigger. I wrote a book a couple months ago due to multiple multiple school frustrations. Then I had some people read it and my goodness people actually enjoyed it-I was shocked with a capital S. And now...I've decided to publish it. It will be finished with all the grammatical editing on Tuesday-I'm so excited! In any case, I found a company named Authorhouse who is willing to publish it for me. I know-self publishing yuck! But the book has already been rejected by fourteen agents and publishers-however I never give up and they all said the writing and storyline were great but due to the economy they can't take any more clients. Now I did quite a bit of research and found out Mark Twain and Virginia Woolf started the self-publishing route and even John Grisham sold books out of his car so I'm trying to be optimistic, trying being the operative word.
So Juicebox is very very excited about it because he is one of the characters. It's called "Into the Lens." It's basically about two girls who discover a camera in their room that transports them to another world where animals can have wonderful conversations with them. Of course there's more to it than that. You'll have to read it to find out!
Well Juicebox has been telling all his friends about it and they would like to have a little party for me but as you all know his friends are party animals-literally. Well I should go now-off to do more assignments! Talk to you all later.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow!! Look at you, you'll have to tell me more about it :)

Nettie said...

Oh my you go girl, never give up! remember 225 but yours will be sooner, ask juice box why I wasn't invited to the party? I love the book.